So this is pretty much how my morning went:
- Peter gets up fifteen minutes before his alarm goes off at 6:00 am
- Peter sits down to write a half-hour ahead off schedule
- Peter finishes the 1,300 goal he set for his morning writing shift forty-five minutes early.
- Peter wombles around the internet for ten minutes, then realise everyone else is asleep or on their way to work.
- Peter gets bored.
- Peter goes back to writing.
And that, folks, is why I’ve missed getting up early to get writing done. It wasn’t possible for much of the last year, courtesy of the apnea and my tendency to sleep through alarms, so I gradually cut back my morning writing to a bare minimum of getting up a half-hour early and getting a couple of hundred words done (and, even then, there were mornings it didn’t happen).
It’s nice to be back.
Speaking of things coming back, tomorrow night will see the return of this:
It’s been about two years since we last did a #TrashyTuesdayMovie, but my former flatmate lured me back by waving American Ninja Two around and saying, essentially, neener-neener-neener. Since American Ninja 1 was one of the most batshit crazy films we watched during the first run of films, I pretty much broke immediately and said yes, Tuesday night. Let’s do this.
It may be a one off. It may come back regularly. I need to talk to The Flatmate and figure that out. But there’s something vaguely satisfying about knowing I can go out on a Tuesday evening and it won’t kill my productivity for the day.
Sleeping properly kind of rules, you know?