So I wrote a long post this morning, all of which seems to have vanished into the ether when I failed to save the diary update after entering the first writing session of the day. I’m slightly irritated by this, since it means I’m going to be going from memory when it comes to working out today’s writing time, and I’ve done so much cutting on the manuscript that I no longer have a solid gauge of today’s word count.
Session 15.1 and 15.2
So, from memory, session one and two were about a half-hour long and involved writing about 600 words apeice based upon my best guess (and a quick word-count of the scene that only started this morning).
I then cut about 3,500 words from the manuscript ’cause they were part of a first chapter that no longer really applies. Some of them may find their way back in again.
Session 15.2 (8:21 PM – 8:56 PM)
Word Count: 630
Total Daily Writing Time: 1 hour 25 minutes (approx)
Daily Word Count Total: 1, 830 (approx)
Total Manuscript Writing Time: 17 hours, 41 minutes
Total Manuscript Word Count: 14,917